University at Albany – Albany, NY
May 2018 – present
Staff Photographer in the Communications & Marketing Department of a premier public research university in New York’s Capital Region. Part-time nonprofit management graduate student at Rockefeller College.
Freelance – Brooklyn, NY
August 2017 – present
Freelance photographer working with major league sports and entertainment clients in the NYC Metro area.
New Jersey Devils & Prudential Center – Newark, NJ
January 2016 – August 2017
Staff Photographer and Content Manager for the Prudential Center arena and New Jersey Devils NHL team.
Daily Gazette – Schenectady, NY
June 2011 – November 2015
Staff photojournalist, videographer, and Social Media Committee member.
The Arts Center of the Capital Region – Troy, NY
March 2013 – August 2014
Digital photography instructor at art camps for low income school districts.
Berkshire Eagle – Pittsfield, MA
March 2011 – June 2011
Part-time Staff photojournalist.
Outspoken Media – Troy, NY
September 2010 – November 2010
Contract internet marketing, social media optimization, corporate online brand reputation management, and search engine optimization.
readMedia – Albany, NY
January 2010 – September 2010
Online press release distribution for hyper-local news content.
Albany Student Press – Albany, NY
October 2006 – May 2010
Contributing photographer, Photo Editor, Multimedia Editor, and Web Editor. Initiated social media profiles and a blog with local newspaper the Times Union. Worked closely with CollegePublisher to update website and content management system to better display multimedia.
Torch Yearbook – UAlbany, Albany, NY
October 2006 – August 2010
Chief Photographer for University Photo Service and 2010 Torch Yearbook Editor responsible for producing and editing a 260-page hardcover yearbook for the graduating class featuring social documentary photographs of campus and downtown life. Utilized new QR mobile barcode technologies to bring the 100-year-old traditional yearbook into the modern internet era. Managed a $40,000 budget and a crew of student photographers.
Times Union – Albany, NY
January 2009 – May 2009
Semester internship as a staff photographer for a daily newspaper.
Berkshire Eagle – Pittsfield, MA
May 2008 – August 2008
Summer internship as a staff photographer for a daily newspaper.
Freedom from Hunger – La Paz, Bolivia
Volunteer photographer for an international charity during a donor tour of Bolivia, photographing villages, clients, meetings, and documenting life in the poorest country in South America.
MotoPhoto – Hamden, CT
May 2006 – May 2008
Photo developing lab work and portrait studio assistant.
– Attendee, Eddie Adams Workshop, Barnstorm XXV October 2012, Team Orange
– NY Press Association 2014 Better Newspaper Contest – 1st Place – Best Video, 2nd Place – Art Photo, 3rd Place – Sports Action Photo
– NY Associated Press Yearly Awards: 2014 1st Place Portrait, 2012 3rd Place Video
– NY Associated Press Photo of the Month: August 2011, November 2011, July 2014, December 2014
– New England Press Association Yearly Awards: 1st Place Daily Feature Photograph 2008
– Metroland Best of the Capital Region 2012 and 2013 – “Best Print Photographer”
– Metroland Reader’s Poll 2012 – “Best Twitter Feed”
– Attendee, 2010 New York Times Student Editors Workshop
– North Branford High School Senior Art Award and Rosa DeLauro Congressional Art Award: 2006
– “Focus on Four: Showcase” 2012 Siena College in Latham, NY
– “Pictures of Living: Images of North Central Troy” 2012 Sanctuary for Independent Media in Troy, NY
– “One Earth – Our Environmental Conundrum: Causes, Consequences, Solutions” 2012 at Fovea Exhibitions in Beacon, NY
– “Schenectady County Remembers” 2012 at Mabee Farms in Rotterdam Junction, NY
– “Wired Kingdom” at the Arts Center of the Capital Region
– University at Albany “Digital Publishing” with Professor Ian Pickus
– University at Albany “Photojournalism” with Professor Katherine Van Acker
– Siena College “Digital Photography II” with Professor Elizabeth Blum
– College of Saint Rose “Photojournalism” with Professor Skip Dickstein
– College of Saint Rose “Interviews and Oral History” with Professor Daniel Nester
– University at Albany “Visual Culture” AJRL363 with Professor Thomas Bass
– University at Albany “Intro to News Writing and Reporting” with Professor Barbara Lombardo
Bachelor of Arts
Major – Journalism (Digital and Visual Media) Minor – Art (Photography)
Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CS4, HD video editing on Final Cut Pro, audio editing with Audacity, SoundSlides, and HTML and CSS web-editing. Previously certified as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) for three years.
References available upon request.