University at Albany – Albany, NY
May 2018 – present
Staff Photographer in the Communications & Marketing Department of a premier public research university in New York’s Capital Region. Part-time nonprofit management graduate student at Rockefeller College.
Albany Documentary Works – Albany, NY
March 2019 – present
Co-founder and Executive Director of a nonprofit organization serving to advance visual storytelling in the Capital Region.
Freelance Photographer – Brooklyn, NY
August 2017 – present
Freelance photographer working with major league sports and entertainment clients in the NYC Metro area, including New Jersey Devils, GRAMMY Museum Experience at Prudential Center, Brooklyn Nets, Barclays Center, and Nassau Coliseum.
New Jersey Devils & Prudential Center – Newark, NJ
January 2016 – August 2017
Staff Photographer and Content Manager for the Prudential Center arena and New Jersey Devils NHL team.
Daily Gazette – Schenectady, NY
June 2011 – November 2015
Staff photojournalist, videographer, and Social Media Committee member.
The Arts Center of the Capital Region – Troy, NY
March 2013 – August 2014
Digital photography instructor at art camps for low income school districts.
Berkshire Eagle – Pittsfield, MA
March 2011 – June 2011
Part-time Staff photojournalist.
Outspoken Media – Troy, NY
September 2010 – November 2010
Contract internet marketing, social media optimization, corporate online brand reputation management, and search engine optimization.
readMedia – Albany, NY
January 2010 – September 2010
Online press release distribution for hyper-local news content.
Albany Student Press – Albany, NY
October 2006 – May 2010
Contributing photographer, Photo Editor, Multimedia Editor, and Web Editor. Initiated social media profiles and a blog with local newspaper the Times Union. Worked closely with CollegePublisher to update website and content management system to better display multimedia.
Torch Yearbook – UAlbany, Albany, NY
October 2006 – August 2010
Chief Photographer for University Photo Service and 2010 Torch Yearbook Editor responsible for producing and editing a 260-page hardcover yearbook for the graduating class featuring social documentary photographs of campus and downtown life. Utilized new QR mobile barcode technologies to bring the 100-year-old traditional yearbook into the modern internet era. Managed a $40,000 budget and a crew of student photographers.
Times Union – Albany, NY
January 2009 – May 2009
Semester internship as a staff photographer for a daily newspaper.
Berkshire Eagle – Pittsfield, MA
May 2008 – August 2008
Summer internship as a staff photographer for a daily newspaper.
Freedom from Hunger – La Paz, Bolivia
Volunteer photographer for an international charity during a donor tour of Bolivia, photographing villages, clients, meetings, and documenting life in the poorest country in South America.
MotoPhoto – Hamden, CT
May 2006 – May 2008
Photo developing lab work and portrait studio assistant.
– Attendee, Eddie Adams Workshop, Barnstorm XXV October 2012, Team Orange
– NY Press Association 2014 Better Newspaper Contest – 1st Place – Best Video, 2nd Place – Art Photo, 3rd Place – Sports Action Photo
– NY Associated Press Yearly Awards: 2014 1st Place Portrait, 2012 3rd Place Video
– NY Associated Press Photo of the Month: August 2011, November 2011, July 2014, December 2014
– New England Press Association Yearly Awards: 1st Place Daily Feature Photograph 2008
– Metroland Best of the Capital Region 2012 and 2013 – “Best Print Photographer”
– Metroland Reader’s Poll 2012 – “Best Twitter Feed”
– Attendee, 2010 New York Times Student Editors Workshop
– North Branford High School Senior Art Award and Rosa DeLauro Congressional Art Award: 2006
– “Focus on Four: Showcase” 2012 Siena College in Latham, NY
– “Pictures of Living: Images of North Central Troy” 2012 Sanctuary for Independent Media in Troy, NY
– “One Earth – Our Environmental Conundrum: Causes, Consequences, Solutions” 2012 at Fovea Exhibitions in Beacon, NY
– “Schenectady County Remembers” 2012 at Mabee Farms in Rotterdam Junction, NY
– “Wired Kingdom” at the Arts Center of the Capital Region
– University at Albany “Digital Publishing” with Professor Ian Pickus
– University at Albany “Photojournalism” with Professor Katherine Van Acker
– Siena College “Digital Photography II” with Professor Elizabeth Blum
– College of Saint Rose “Photojournalism” with Professor Skip Dickstein
– College of Saint Rose “Interviews and Oral History” with Professor Daniel Nester
– University at Albany “Visual Culture” AJRL363 with Professor Thomas Bass
– University at Albany “Intro to News Writing and Reporting” with Professor Barbara Lombardo
Fordham University School of Law
International Human Rights Law
Bachelor of Arts
Major – Journalism (Digital and Visual Media) Minor – Art (Photography)
Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CS4, HD video editing on Final Cut Pro, audio editing with Audacity, SoundSlides, and HTML and CSS web-editing. Previously certified as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) for three years.
References available upon request.